Sponsorship Sales Manager - download PDF
Up to £65k OTE depending on experience
We are looking for a Sponsorship Sales Manager to lead key sales activity. The successful applicant will be responsible for generating sponsorship and exhibition sales for conferences and events, of which there are around 20 per calendar year. Sponsorship packages range from £3,000 to £20,000, and whilst we have an in-house Sales Lead Generator, the applicant must also be self-sufficient and able to generate their own business sales.
- Primary focus on telephone engagement, along with e-mail and social media to generate sales
- A persistent, persuasive and resourceful approach in all elements of the role
- Generate new business as well as sales from previous contacts
- An organised approach, with all customer interactions recorded on the CRM system
- Generation of professional paperwork, such as proposals, weekly reports, etc…
- Develop global business relationships, as well as focussing on further sales from one event to another
Skills and characteristics
- A self-motivated and tenacious approach
- An excellent professional telephone manner essential
- Focus on being personable, rather than adopting a ‘hard sell’ approach
- Must be able to multi-task, selling multiple events at the same time
- Should be comfortable working for a relatively small and dynamic company
- Previous experience in sales essential. Sponsorship/Exhibition sales advantageous, but not essential
- Additional language skills also an advantage (especially Spanish and Portuguese)
You will primarily be located at our Hampton Wick office. You will also be required to meet with clients and partners – mostly in London, but also potentially across the globe.
Pay and conditions
Salary Up to £25K basic, depending on experience, plus 10% commission on sales (£65K OTE)
Bonus Annual bonus of up to £5K related to personal and business performance
Paid leave 20 days annually, plus public holidays
Unwired Ventures (publishing and events) produces events in cities around the world including London, New York, San Francisco, Amsterdam, Berlin, Amsterdam, Helsinki, Sao Paulo, Santiago, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Melbourne, Sydney, Auckland, Shanghai and Hong Kong.